USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant
After a national competition, Dakota MEP was awarded a $190,000 USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant (RBEG) to help small manufacturers in the rural communities improve their performance.
WHAT CAN THE FUNDS BE USED FOR?
- Growing Sales
- Family Business Planning
- Employee Development
- Productivity Improvements
- ISO Requirements
- Supply Chain Development
- Other Services
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR A MANUFACTURER TO PARTICIPATE?
- Must be located in a non-MSA county in the Dakotas.
The counties which are EXCLUDED are: North Dakota - Burleigh, Cass, Grand Forks, and Morton;
South Dakota - Lincoln, McCook, Meade, Minnehaha, Pennington, Turner and Union.
- Can be an existing or a startup manufacturer.
- Can have no more than $1 million in gross profit (or projected gross profit).
- Must have fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees.
- Fifty-one percent (51%) of the manufacturer must be owned by US citizens or persons legally admitted for permanent residence.
WHO CAN PROVIDE THE SERVICES?
Any vendor can provide the services—it can be the Dakota MEP, one of its third-party resources, or a vendor of your choice.
WHEN DOES THE PROGRAM END?
The program ends on September 30, 2012.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR A FREE BUSINESS ASSESSMENT:
Contact Dan Halverson at email@example.com or 701-328-5472.