Simple Excellence DVD Series
Do You Find Striving For Operational Excellence Has Gotten, Well...Too Complex?
Bill Waddell’s recently published book, Simple Excellence: Organizing and Aligning the Management Team in a Lean Transformation supports executives that who have made a commitment to continuous improvement. It charts a course of simplification, in contrast to the complications that pervade traditional management by functional silos. Bill advocates a return to the simple values that the entrepreneurial founder of your company used to make it a success. It focuses on helping executives develop an understanding of the critical role that they and their senior management team must play in successfully achieving a company's transformation to operational excellence.
Immediately prior to the book’s release, the Dakota MEP Board of Director’s hosted Simple Excellence Director's Leadership Summit, a one-day workshop presented by Bill Waddell; for manufacturing executives committed to continuous improvement. Microsoft graciously provided the Summit accommodations at their Executive Briefing Center in Fargo, ND. In the presentation, Bill discusses the key topics in the Simple Excellence book in greater detail, provides case studies from high-profile organizations recognized for operational excellence, including a video from the Barry-Wehmiller Companies, and responds to participant questions (maybe some questions you might have?).
1. Creating a Culture of Excellence
2. Concept of Value – What it is and how to create it
3. Conversion to Value Streams
4. Managing Constraints
5. Lean Accounting
6. Quality Management – a practical application of Six Sigma
7. Performance Metrics
8. Strategic Marketing and Pricing
9. Strategic Planning
10. Sustaining Continuous Improvements
11. Global Excellence
As a result of Simple Excellence, executives will be able to identify:
- The key elements of a lean transformation.
- How to move from functional silos to working as a team that can structure the entire organization to pull in the same direction.
- How to break through the complexity associated with managing performance improvement initiatives to map a course of simplification.
To order Simple Excellence, the 3-DVD set for $249 + tax, please click here. Included with the set is a link to the supplemental handouts and Lean Assessment tool which is used in the presentation.
You can find more information about Bill Waddell at his website: www.bill-waddell.com.